Weekend Update with Rae Wallace!

Morning Ya'll,

I'm finally headed in to school to meet my Para! I'm so excited! I have so many ideas for the school year and I can't wait to get her input. I'm also meeting with the teacher who had my classroom for years before me, to get a good sense of the position.

I haven't figured out how/if I can get into the school on weekends, so this weekend was a bust. I continued to make some resources I plan to use the first few weeks of school, as well as printing and laminating some classroom decor stuff. I also bought some stuff on Saturday - which I am super excited about!


All of the stuff is still in my truck but the basic contents are:
  • Book Nook Pillow ($14!)
  • Tubs for organizing by day (5 of them)
  • 24 composition notebooks for my new Interactive Notebooks from Nicole Shelby! ($0.37 each!)
  • Borders and Bulletin Board accents galore! (Dollar Bin people!)
  • Dry erase markers and erasers
  • Magnets and a magnet board (for my Bathroom sign in thing)
  • Other stuff I forgot about but will be a wonderful surprise when I open the bags again...
  • And my FAVORITE find (and the reason I went to Target in the first place...
    • Cardboard Magazine holders! - These are so adorable (Dollar Bin find!) - all different designs and colors. I have these to use with my Bins by Day organization. I printed this freebie from Clutter-Free Classroom, and plan to use them with my magazine holders.
In other news, I received my amazing SLANT Box from the honorable Ms. Caitlin Miller! She did such a great job figuring out what I liked, what i needed, and what I wanted for my home and classroom! I know I've bragged about her before, but she is seriously wonderful! Look at those adorable clips!! How did she know I needed them?! Because she's fabulous :)


I also received a few packages in the mail the past few days: An acrylic pencil holder (AKA straw holder) and Time and Money Stick Mats. My Teacher's Toolbox is on its way still and I'm so excited for that to arrive! I can finally print these great labels!

Now here are some of the fabulous purchases that I have been laminating over the past couple of days. I'm so excited to get back in my room to really start organizing and decorating with these great visuals and products! To find these products click the product names below:

And finally, here is my classroom in it's current condition. After Day 1, I feel like not much got accomplished, though I worked for 6 hours. YIKES! 
I also posted about my bare cupboards on Instagram and got some great feedback on how to use these! I think I'm going to use them for my Word Wall, as it is huge, is in a part of the room that everyone can see, and it will be right above my writing center! Thanks for all the responses :)

Well, I'm off for Day 2 in the classroom and meeting with my colleagues! And for all of you heading back to school this week - GOOD LUCK :)

Comments

  1. You have a fantastic space to work in and I love the basic colour there too. Understand with you the chaos before everything finds its place. I always set up the desks first to give me the sense that I am achieving order and progress. Hope today is a big achievement for you!
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts