Pre-Reading Skills for Emergent Literacy: Teaching Reading Foundations Part I

Morning Y'all,

Last week I put a poll up on my side bar, requesting bloggers to vote on my next big blog post! Well, it was a tie between Phonological and Phonemic Awareness and IEPs. I decided I would save a poll for the following week, and do two weeks on this latest poll to satisfy everyone :)

This week, I'm looking at Pre-Reading Skills (AKA Phonological and Phonemic Awareness).

I created some visuals in PowerPoint to help present the important information about this three-part series. Part I of the series, Phonological and Phonemic Awareness, is presented in the images below. To have access to the complete PowerPoint, please click here. Please let me know if it is not working for some reason. I would like to have anyone be able to access this resource!




This presentation is focused on the Prereading stage, Part I in the image above. Parts II and III of the series will focus on Learning to Reading and Reading to Learn, as outlined above.


The following two slides present a lot of text due to importance of the explanations of the terms. Take time to read them to ensure you have a solid grasp on these concepts.









I hope this presentation was helpful to any of you early childhood educators (or anyone who enjoys learning about the development of reading, like me!).

I have created a freebie for you. It is a Concepts About Print Assessment. I've added it to my TpT Store and I would love feedback on it :)

You can also check out another freebie I have in my store related to early reading skills. This product is specific for the research-based curriculum Fundations, so students would only benefit from this product if they are familiar with this reading curriculum.

I would also love if you would pin this post, as I would love others to be able to view my presentation as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my PowerPoint - I hope it was informational :)

If you have any additional questions about this topic, please feel free to email me at mindfulrambles@gmail.com or click the email icon on my side bar :)


Cheers,
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Absolutely brilliant post. I would love to recommend it to some of my parents who want to understand what's happening with their Little Learner. Thanks so much for putting this together. Best PD of the weekend for me.
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to download this powerpoint but I am having trouble.

    luvsteachn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this! I couldn't download the presentation (it's been a while since you posted this, I realize!) but I copied the images into a new presentation I can share with some preschool teachers tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts