Visual Plans, Products + Sale!

While I may look Irish, I don't have an Irish bone in my body. I hate beer and "Irish" food. I don't really care for bagpipes or Irish step-dancing either. Sorry. It's the truth. One of my classroom team members hates St. Patrick's Day, because of the historical untruths it tells about the Irish people (he's one of 'em), and how people honor St. Patrick, but apparently, he wasn't such a good guy. I dunno, all I know is that, as a result, I agreed not to celebrate anything St. Patrick-y this year (at least while he was around!). Plus, it worked out anyways, because I was sick Thursday and Friday, so St. Patrick's Day wasn't celebrated at all! Oh well... onto the next holiday that we can actually celebrate...Earth Day I guess?

Regardless...I'm throwing a sale, in honor of St. Patrick's Day! Click the image below to go to my store.

A big thanks to Creative Clips for the adorable Leprechaun clip art, and Mrs. D's Firsties for the great digital paper!

For now, I will be focusing on Springtime activities. I just went on a mad TPT shopping spree (mad for me is like, 4 products), and of course I decide to do it the day before people throw sales, because I don't plan ahead. No matter, they are fabulous products all the same and deserve my extra money :)

Yesterday, I looked through my Wish List on TPT and purchased the following items:

 This wonderful book study on the first book of the Magic Tree House series is fab-u-lous! I'm so excited to use this when we start our novel study unit! Storie from Stories by Storie really worked hard on this book study, and it shows! Check out here!

Who doesn't love Knuffle Bunny?! Mo Willems is such a treat, and my kiddos love his humorous wonderfully illustrated books as well! Hope King of 2nd Grade Shenanigans made a wonderful book study with some adorable craftivities to use with this book! Check it out here. My only question is: Do you pronounce Knuffle as "kuh-nuffle" or "nuffle?" I pronounce is "nuffle" but my assistant teacher pronounces is with the K. Hmm...

 Love, love, LOVE this product! I plan on using it next week when we discuss more about quotation marks in reading and in our writing. Catherine from The Brown Bag Teacher certainly put a lot of time and effort into this product. I just adore it! Check it out here.
And finally, a product I have been coveting for a while...Digging Through the Dictionary! I think understanding how to use a dictionary is a lifeskill. The skills used to use a dictionary are skills used across our lives, such as when we are searching a telephone book (which, yes, may be obsolete soon...), or when we are trying to find something in a library (I'm hoping this won't be obsolete soon...), or in a job, in which we are asked to alphabetize something, or find a name in an alphabetized archive. I mean it! These skills are important!! And, Tama of Across the Pond really nailed it! Anyways, please check it out -- you won't regret it!

I've also linked up with Mrs. Wills again for her fun and fabulous Peek at My Week Linky! I'm still working out some kinks with clickable hyperlinks on my pdf of the calendar, so for now, it is still in a word doc format. That means that the formatting is CRAZY off on my google drive...sorry! I suggest you really take time to look at the plans below closely, so you know which ones you want to click, because you can't see the same format when you click on my drive. SORRY! If you have ANY advice to help me with this, I would much appreciate it!
The images are clickable from my Google Drive once you click the images above.

In other news, check out First Grade Friendly Froggies' birthday giveaway!! Three chances to win fabulous prizes! Who doesn't love that?!

Now, I'm off for my run!

Cheers,
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Awe, you are so sweet! Thanks so much! Hope your kiddos like the activities! And...I have a tape of Mo reading the story with his daughter and they pronounce it K-nuffle! ;) I always go with that! I figure that he knows best! Ha! Have a blessed week and thanks again for being so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knuffle Bunny is one of my favorites! I LOVE Mo Willems! If you read Knuffle Bunny Too, it is pronounced both ways, the little girls actually argue about it. I have always pronounced it as a silent K word!
    Laura
    Enchanting Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  3. MO is awesome! My kids and I just wrapped up a week long unit using the PIGEON books to help identify types of sentences and quotation marks!
    The kids loved it!
    Have a great week!
    Julie

    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts