Because it is the 2nd of December it is time for my CURRENTLY! I know, I know...contain your excitement. Thanks to Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for such a great monthly Linky! Make sure to head over there if you are interested in linking up, and remember: The Rule of 3 (comment on three blogs before and/or after your link up).
Listening: Yes, Ke$ha. Not my proudest moment, but you asked!
Loving: Everything about this time of year. Thanksgiving usually marks the season start for me, by December 1st is certainly when everything starts reminding me of the season of giving! We are getting our Christmas tree on Friday and are starting to decorate later today. I am so excited, like a child! I hope I never grow our of this feeling :)
Thinking: I have a lot of studying to do, as the semester is not over. But, this time next week, I will be on vacation from grad school!!! Woohoo!
Wanting: I ran nearly everyday, so I need new shoes every couple of months. Fortunately/unfortunately, the shoes I have found are the most comfortable are Newton Galaxy Performance Trainers, which are $175! Hence why I am asking for them for Christmas :)
But they are a beauty:
RAK: I love this addition to the Currently! One of my students' mothers was diagnosed with cancer earlier this school year. As a single mother with a special needs child, the changes have been physically, emotionally, and financially taxing on their family. In addition to helping with child care support, sending meals home, and providing a therapeutic environment to her child, we have set up a fundraiser in their honor. Several teachers, including myself, have donated their time to wrap presents around the holidays at a local toy store. The money that is raised will be donated to help the family with further community supports during the holiday season. Tis the season for giving for sure!
It is also the time of year in which lots and lots of giveaways are happening!
Hippo Hooray for Second Grade has reached a tremendous milestone: 100+ Followers! In honor of her accomplishment, Angela is hosting a great, huge, giveaway! Make sure to check her blog out (it's fabulous), and enter to win some great TpT products!
Also, The Teacher's Backpack is hosting a fabulous on-going giveaway in honor of the holiday season! Make sure to check out the adorable blog and enter to win some fun stuff for the holiday season. Oh, and keep entering, as you can enter every day for a new giveaway! Pretty awesome, huh?
Aaand, Mercedes over at Surfing to Success is hosting a huge giveaway for 200 followers! Lots of accomplishments for everyone! :) Make sure to check out her blog too. It's great -I'm glad I found it! :)
If you are not familiar with 5 for Five, check out my previous blog post, or check out Fantastically Average for their original post on this fun link-up!
And now on for my 5 for Five. The goals I met are in green. Those that I did not meet are in red (sad face).
- Exercise 3 days for at least 45 minutes - Huzzah! I ran twice this week and did yoga twice as well. Yay!
- Make breakfast at home 3 days - Crumbs. Oh well...there is always next week...
- Study for my final 4 out of 5 nights this week - Well, I didn't study as much as I was planning on, but I got 100 on my exam. That's an accomplishment still, right?
- Get up before 6:15 a.m. everyday - I did it for four days this work week, then Friday, I got up at 6:30! Grrrr.
- Have a vegetable at every lunchtime meal this week! - Finish the list with a success! Yes, I did ensure that I had a vegetable at every lunchtime meal. This was an easy one to accomplish :)
40% is NOT acceptable. Hopefully I will do better this next week.
Here are my goals for the upcoming week:
- Have breakfast for free - by this, I mean either make breakfast at home, or eat breakfast at work (we also get breakfast for free). In other words: stop buying breakfast at Dunkin Donuts!
- Study 2 nights this week for my Verbal Behavior final on Thursday. - This is my last final of the semester, so I need to end strong!
- Create and upload at least 2 products on my Teachers Pay Teachers page. - I have started approximately 27,948 products - all of them remaining unfinished (I guess that's the Gemini in me).
- Start at least one of my home-made Christmas gifts - I have a lot of gifts I will be making this year, and would like to get a start on them now so I'm not losing my mind the week of Christmas!
- Post about my drama unit - I have been slacking on my educational posts, and would like to post about my upcoming drama unit I am starting this week.
Wish me luck while I attempt to reach all these goals for the week! And make sure to link up yourself to create your own 5 for Five goals!
And with that, I am off to continue some products for my TpT page!