My fiancé is working today, so I have the whole day to myself. I have completed my wrapping and all of my shopping. The house is clean and ready for guests tomorrow, and all of my baking is prepped and ready to be completed tomorrow. What's a girl to do on a completely free day off? Blog of course!!
It is rare that I have *nothing* to do. I'm on vacation from graduate school until January 14th, so there is no studying to be done. I am on winter break from the elementary school, so there is no planning that needs to be done in the next couple of days. I have completed all necessary tasks for the next few days, so I am just hanging around at home with the fur-babies until the fiancé comes home. All the more reason to get some blogging done :)
To start off, let's go over my 5 for Five this week! I skipped a week, so it is like starting anew. Jessica over at Fantastically Average has create a fun link up to help achieve your weekly goals. If you aren't sure what it is I am talking about, and would like to check it out and link up yourself, check it out here.
In an effort to actually keep my goals, I am channeling a previous post of mine. Check it out here.
This week's 5 for Five:
- Clean a room of my house every day this week. My house needs a good scrub-down, but I don't want to spend all day cleaning my entire house. Instead, I am going to spread it out over the course of the week so I can still have time to do other things and not get burnt out on cleaning. We'll see how it goes.
- See my friends at least twice this week. With all the holiday hubbub, I have not taken the time to see my friends like I should. I plan on spending time with some this week, whether it be getting coffee, or forcing my maid of honor to help address save the dates.
- Make 2 products for TpT! It's helpful to make manageable, specific goals, so I'm hoping this will help me to actually achieve this one. Last time it worked!
- Exercise 4 out of the 5 days this week (I'm allowing myself one day off, and will most likely use it tomorrow). With all this extra time during the day, I
hope to takewill advantage of the day classes offered at my gym. On the days that I am not able to head to the gym for a class, I will run outside or do some yoga inside with the fiancé. I will!
- Do some more wedding planning! I don't have a very specific plan for this, just that I will do more. I need to pay the deposit for the florist and videographer this week, so I guess those are concrete things to achieve. Oh yes, and Save the Dates!
Wish me luck on this endeavor...and good luck to all of you who are linking up too :)
And, in an effort to fulfill this week's goals... I present you my Christmas Virtual 5k Finisher Pic!!! To get information about what the heck I am talking about, visit Daily Vitamin F's awesome blog! She is hosting a fun virtual 5k link up, filled with inspiration and prizes :) Also, check out my previous post on this fun link up!
|A super flattering picture of me post-run :)|
I attempted to take a picture of my Nike Running app screen, but couldn't figure out how to do it from my phone. So instead...
Distance: 3.22 miles (yay .12 more!)
Total time: 31:44
Setting: Outside in my neighborhood
Even if you aren't linking up for the virtual 5k, I hope you get outside and enjoy some me-time. The best way to de-stress and rejuvenate yourself is to exercise. Even if it is walking around the block, playing in the snow with your kids, or hiking with you dog, every little bit counts :) Here's to a healthier you! You deserve it!
Merry Christmas to all of those who celebrate! Chat soon :)