I am so honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award :) This award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less (that's me). I was nominated by Mrs. Dixon at Teaching Special Thinkers -- many thanks! You should check out her blog - it's great :)
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate
My 11 randoms:
1. I have 3 animals - Fred and Chester (cats) and Lucy (dog)
2. I am getting married in June 2013 to my best friend!
3. I love me some indie music
4. I have lived in three different time-zones
5. My all-time favorite food is lefse (it's Norwegian potato bread - try it!)
6. I run almost every day. It's my therapy
7. I cannot live without daily yoga and meditation. So rejuvenating and grounding.
8. My favorite book of all time is The Giver
9. I was born in North Dakota, and though I now live in the city, I will be always be a country girl at heart
10. I used to have my own horse, Katie, as a child and will always have a place in my heart for those majestic creatures
11. I've played soccer all my life - from the time I was 8, through high school and college, and even today. I can't imagine not having soccer as part of my life
Mrs. Dixon's Questions:
1. What made you start a blog?
I've always loved following other bloggers on their journeys through life, whatever and wherever they may be. I wanted to join in on the fun, and offer the blogging community all that I have to offer as an educator, runner, and a friend.
2. What's your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
I love to run. And practice yoga. And spend hours on Pinterest. And plan my wedding. And blog. And make products for TpT. And plan my lessons for the week. And nap.
3. Name one person you admire and why.
I admire all of my fellow educators (I cheat...not one, but many). The long hours, the stressful days, the improv lessons, and the kind, warm hearts. I strive to be like them :)
4. Do you like sports? If so, what's your favorite team?
I don't really care to watch sports, or follow them. I like watching hockey, when it is on, but I can't lie and say I am a fan of any sport, or team. My favorite team is my soccer team- Mass Ave Attack :)
5. Why did you choose to be a teacher?
I didn't choose it - it chose me. No seriously...it was destiny and I never even considered another career.
6. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do with your money?
Pay off my school loans!
7. What is your most memorable moment so far in your life?
Ooh--that is a tough one. But I think my most memorable moment so far has been Rich's proposal to me :)
8. What do you want the most for Christmas?
Money -- I need to pay for my wedding!
9. Do you like to shop? Where's your favorite place?
I actually hate shopping! If I HAVE to shop, I do it online. I love Amazon, Mod Cloth, and Lululemon
10. What are three blogs that you constantly read?
I am constantly reading Style Me Pretty, The Organized Classroom, and 100 Layer Cake
11. What are your future goals?
My professional goals are to become a BCBA (test in summer 2013!), get my doctorate in Behavioral Education, and decide what I want to do long-term (classroom teaching, consulting, or something else?). My personal goals are to have babies, buy a house, and feel healthy and happy with the life that I lead!
Now, for my nominations:
1. Resource Room Rules
2. Tales From a Traveling Teacher
3. Awesomeness and Autism
4. Fifth Grade, Fifth Grade
5. Teaching and Tapas
6. First Grade Carousel
7. Shoot for the Moon
8. Well Michelle
9. Literacy Sundae
10. What's Working This Year in Kindergarten?
11. Apples, Books, and Crayons
Make sure you check out these great blogs! They all have a lot to offer fellow educators :)
For my nominees -- My questions:
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
2. If you weren't a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be?
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste.
4. What is your favorite genre of book?
5. What is your favorite genre of music?
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be?
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite?
8. What is one way that you do to ensure a healthy lifestyle?
9. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
10. What is your favorite drink, alcoholic or not?
11. Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what?
For all my nominees, copy and paste the above instructions, questions, and such to your blog. And don't forget to comment on my post when you are done, so I can check out some new interesting info about you :)
Again, I am truly honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award and thanks again for Mrs. Dixon :)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License