School Week Linky!

Morning!
I don't know why, but I've been so excited about this link up since I saw it last week! I think it such a fun idea! I also love that it is planned in advance, because I often can't get my act together to post things on time, nor post relevant topics without racking my brain for an hour. So, now I can plan out what I want to post and have ample time to prepare a post!

Plus - isn't the graphic just the cutest?!

The Teacher's Chair

A big shout out to Tracey at The Teacher's Chair for putting together this fabulous linky! I wish I had great ideas like this!


Now, onto the goods...

This week is all about Lesson Planners so without further adieu...I present you with links to my outstandingly unique lesson plans...Just kidding - they are pretty very basic. I am in the process of creating a Teacher Binder on publisher to print for the new year - a new system for me. I need all the help I can get when it comes to organizing, so I'm going to start this system this year. What better time to start?

This lesson plan template includes 2 sections under the Instructional Procedures heading for what the teacher does during the lesson, and what the students are expected to do and/or what you would like them to be doing

This lesson plan template is more basic than my other - so you can customize your instructional procedures as needed.

This is my favorite lesson plan template. I use this one for nearly ever formal lesson plan I write up. Basically, you start with the "I Do" section, in which the teacher is modeling, or actually teaching the lesson. The We Do section is where students are participating more interactively in the lesson, and this is an opportunity to practice with the group. The You Do section is devoted to the students doing the learning, engaging in the lesson and/or tasks in a hands-on, interactive approach. This format does not fit for all lessons but it's a great start for many of the lessons I create. Also, there is not always these 3 sections. Often times it is not necessary to have an I Do section. Sometimes you may only have an I Do and a We Do section, depending on your objectives. I think this is the easiest format to tailor to your needs and the needs of your students.

This is the visual I use to organize my lessons, activities and plans for the week. I usually have my name written at the top ("Ms. Schauer's Weekly Calendar"), so you would write your name there. Also, I write the week on the line next to "Week Of". My own calendar has the specific subjects I was teaching throughout the day, instead of where it says Block 1, Block 2, etc. Obviously this one is more general so you all can use it and tailor to your needs!

Here is a sneak peak of my upcoming Teacher Binder...
Literally...just a peak. Because this is about how far I've gotten...

In preparation for my first year in my new program at a new school, I headed to TpT for some resources! I was teaching 3rd-5th graders for the last 3 years, so heading down to first and second grade is going to be a change! I found some OUTSTANDING products that I just have to share with you!!









All of these products are totally amazing and worth every penny!

I'm also trying to finish up a few products of my own. In addition to my Teacher Binder, I'm creating a collection of my Daily Warm Up Packs, as requested by several of my TpT and blog followers! This product, I hope, will be available in the next couple of weeks. Also, I'm going to create another of my ever-popular Fortune Tellers for the first day of school. I know many of you are starting back to school soon, so I'm trying to complete this ASAP!

TTFN,
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Hi Rae! I have been a follower for a while and I am so glad you linked up with me today. I enjoyed reading your post and am very interested in the formats you use. Are you teaching a 1-2 multiage this year? I did that for the past 6 years. Best of luck with your new position. I hope to see you over at the linky again at some point!
    Tracey The Teacher’s Chair
    Share the Bloglovin’!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts