Linkys For Days! Getting Ready for B2S!


I am linking up with I {heart} Recess for a Back to School Monthly Goals linky! I didn't realize this was a monthly link up, so I will have to check back next month for the next Goal Theme! If you are interested in linking up with your Back to School goals, head over to I {heart} Recess!


They say one of the best way to achieve your goals is by writing them down!

Next, I'm linking up with a first-time linky party host - Carly from First Grade Fabulosity! This one is all about anchor charts! 

I've added some anchor charts below that I love and inspire me. I've also included a couple of anchor chart organization ideas that I think are just fabulous.

I'm always needing to remind my kiddos when to add a capital letter and when not to. This is a great chart to build independence and automaticity! Great reference!
[SOURCE]
If you know anything about me, you know how much I love teaching the visualizing skill for reading comprehension. I'm a huge fan of the Visualizing and Verbalizing curriculum, and used something very similar to this during my lessons. This is a mini-version of a larger anchor chart for visualizing.
[SOURCE]
Non-fiction text features! Such a great visual to show all the ways to use text features during reading.
[SOURCE]
I've loved this visual for as long as I have had Pinterest! So...I decided to make my own.
[SOURCE]
Here is a picture of the one I created at the beginning of the school year last year. Check out the original post on this one here.



How to write topic sentences is one of the hardest things for me to teach! I love how visual this poster is. I'm  hoping this will help both my kids and myself with topic sentences!
[SOURCE]
[SOURCE]
^^^
I would like to incorporate the two of these into one, and have the focus be on Whole Body Listening VVV
[SOURCE]
And some great ways to organize your anchor charts...

Take pictures of your anchor charts and collect in a binder for easy reference!
[SOURCE]
OR

Hang them on hangers for easy and immediate access!

For more on anchor charts, check out this really great post by First Grade Fresh. Ms. Simoneaux does a great job explaining how she uses anchor charts in her classroom, how she introduces them, how invested the kids become in creating the anchor charts as a class, and how she decides which anchor charts to create.

If you are interested in checking out this fun linky, click here and join in on the fun!

I'm also so excited to link up with The Teacher's Chair again, for the Tuesday School Week Linky! Today's topic: Read Alouds!




All of these books are GOLD when it comes to Back to School reading. Between sending messages of friendship and courage, to reading about the silliness of the jitters and expectations for the school year, these are all great books that you should all look into introducing to your kiddos. I would love to see what you all read for your Back to School Read Alouds! Link up with The Teacher's Chair to share your ideas! Maybe I'll add some to my list :)

I'm not beneath begging...please like me on Facebook! I'm getting lonely! I have 6 followers (really 5, because one of them is me...[insert sad face]). I'm so thankful to the followers I do have! If it weren't for you...I'd be alllllll alone.

And finally...

I am really quite excited about this one! As someone who looooooves me a good package, and someone who gets PopSugar's Must Have Box each month, I am sooooooooo glad I found this little gem. Lesson's With Coffee, along with Mrs. Price's KinderGators, and First Grade Fairytales, is hosting a fun educator's take on this great idea! Check it out by clicking the icon below and sign up! I look forward to meeting and sharing with you :)

The SLANT Box Exchange
Cheers,
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I love all the anchor charts. Thanks for sharing. I just pinned this so I can find it again!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found my blog so I can follow you back! Your ideas are foundational cornerstones and so VALUABLE.I can see you are going to teach me alot of wonderful things. Your anchor chart has already inspired my day in the classroom today.
    with thanks
    Julie :)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving the anchor charts! Didn't know there was a linky about them! Thanks for sharing.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts