Race for a Resolution Link Up!!!

In an attempt to stick to my New Years Resolutions, I am hosting a Virtual 5k! I searched high and low for a January 5k that I could partake in, so I could meet my monthly 5k quota, but there were none to be found. So, I decided to just make my own! This is nothing fancy...no prizes (sorry), no medals, just good ol' fashion exercise and a virtual pat on the back. It will also give you awesome bragging rights (you know, for all of those people who are amazed that you ran Mindful Rambles' Virtual 5k). This race isn't technically a "race" I guess...there is no winner. This is all a friendly competition with yourself.

This race has been aptly named Race for a Resolution (see what I did there?). If one of your New Years Resolutions is to run a 5k, get healthier, or run a race every month (like me!), then this is the race for you!

This is open to individuals with all abilities. Run or walk, we don't care! Crab crawl if you want! This is about health and wellness, not speed or times. Have fun with it!

Interested in linking up? Here are the rules:
  • Run/walk your 5k (3.1 miles) anytime between January 27th and January 31st, 2013.
  • Blog about this race! I would love to get the word out there!
  • After you've completed your race, post a picture(s) on a new blog post, showing proof of your race. This can either be on the treadmill, on your watch showing your start and end time, Nike+ screen shot, whatever! If you can do none of these options, post a picture of yourself, post race.
  • Post an image of my Virtual Race button to your blog in your blog posts.
  • Have fun!

If you are ready to particiapte in this fun 5k Race for a Resolution, link up below! Also, I am new to these link ups, so I'm not sure if I did the linky right. Please let me know if there are weird things going on with it.

Disclaimer: You are entering this challenge because you are capable to run the 3.1 miles required, and have clearance from your doctor. By participating, you are accepting responsibility for anything that might happen.




See you on the race course!!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Such a cute idea! I am training for a half marathon. I'm slightly terrified by the thought of actually doing it, but I'm very excited of the prospect of completing it. Maybe as part of my training, I'll participate in the virtual race this week:)

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Have you ever done a half? I did my first one last year...and it was both terrifying and invigorating! My favorite distance is the 10k!

    Hope you link up :)

    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just posted about my virtual 5k experience:)

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts