Happy New Year's! Hope everyone isn't feeling the effects of last night too hard. (If you are, check out my post from Friday)
In preparation for a new year of goals and opportunities, I'm writing down my list of New Year's Resolutions. Call them what you want: goals, promises, intentions. To me, it's just a name of things I want to work on this year. This year, instead of coming up with specific, measurable goals for my resolutions, I came up with a word for the "theme" of the year, and open-ended resolutions from which to make specific goals. I'm doing it this way, so that I'm not pigeon-holing myself to commit to a specific goal until I determine what's right for me and then at that point, can create more manageable, SMART goals of which I speak so highly. So I present you, my 2017 Word of the Year: Focus.
I chose this word, as it is driving force for all I want to do this year. Focus on my marriage. Focus on my health. Focus on balancing work. Every day, I'm thinking about my marriage and how important is to me. Every day I think about making healthy choices. Every day I think about how to better manage my work/life balance. However, this year I want to take those efforts a step further. I want to think with intention. I want to prepare for life, be mindful about the choices I make instead of react, be grateful for my life and focus on the positives.
What am I going to focus on?
- Focus on Self-Care: doing things I love, people and experiences that bring joy, finding the value in my worth
- Focus on Support: finding support for myself, supporting others, supporting the life I want
- Focus on Organizing: maintaining a clean and organized living space, balancing my work life, keeping track of finances and savings
- Focus on Strength: mental health, physicality, willpower
- Focus on Quality: clothing, food, experience