Songs for Spring

Happy Vernal Equinox, lovers!

In celebration of spring, renewal, and awakening from the bitter cold of winter, I present you with my Songs for Spring playlist!


Some of these titles/songs are obvious for springtime renewal. Others, not so obvious. A few notes on some of the choices for this playlist:

Sleeping Lessons, The Shins. The song starts out slow, like the long frigid winter. Then breaks into an upbeat springtime song to gear you up for warmer weather.

Cailin, Unwritten Law. Spring is all about rebirth and finding love. This adorably upbeat song hits the spot.

Just Like Heaven, The Cure. This song ALWAYS  reminds me of childhood. Specifically driving in Boston (usually over the BU Bridge for some reason) with the windows rolled down all the way while still wearing sweaters and pants. The first signs of spring.

She's Electric, Oasis. This fun, upbeat track from (What's The Story) Morning Glory, puts a smile on my face. It makes me think of crawling out from our dark cave of winter and entering the world of happiness and flowers that we call spring.

New Soul, Yael Naim. Back in 2007 I heard this song for the first time and I continued to binge-listen for the remained of the calendar year. When I'm in the mood for a happy, light song about transformation and rebirth, this is what I always come back to.

Let's Do It, Joan Jett and Paul. A Song about nature falling in love and singing the songs of it. I mean, c'mon. Perfect, right?

Amour du Sol, Yelle. This song is in French. If the upbeat, toe-tapping tune doesn't scream spring, the lyrics might. It's all about dancing, freedom, and having fun. Imagine listening to this song while walking your dog the first warm spring day. I guarantee you'll end up dancing down the street instead.

I chose the songs for this playlist because of either their lyrics and meaning, or the upbeat, springtime vibe I feel when I listen to them.

I'd love to know what you have on your springtime playlist! Comment below :)



image source: freeimages

Comments

Popular Posts