The Times They Are A-Changin'

Hi Friends!

So I haven't been a very good blogger lately. Like...at all. I'm sorry. Things have been happening. BIG things. Such as leaving the classroom and becoming a behavior analyst for the Department of Developmental Services!

Yes, BIG things.
Leaving the classroom was not an easy decision, but one that needed to be made. I obviously had expectations of leaving the classroom teaching environment for a BCBA position. However, I never imaged leaving the school all together. Nor did I imagine leaving this quickly.

It needed to be done. Once I left the environment, I immediately felt a huge sense of relief. Even though I am still figuring out my position here as a behavior analyst, I wake up every day excited about the day ahead. I'm eager to learn new things, and work my hardest. I had lost that sense of enjoyment in the classroom. It was time to make a change, and I'm glad I did.

You can read more about this transition here.

In other news...I'm back at the Currently game with Farley. Check out her fabulous blog and join in on the fun if you haven't already :)


Listening: I'm listening to Jaymay Radio on Spotify. Jaymay is a singer-songwriter with an intoxicating voice and bewitching lyrics. And anyone who is anyone has Spotify.

Loving: My new job! Read above for more details (limited as they may be...)

Thinking: Today is my birthday (!) and I just LOVE birthdays! The husband is a tremendous gift giver and birthday celebrator. I can't wait to spend the evening cuddling with him on my birthday :)

Wanting: Yikes! My nails are long overdue for a polish change. Luckily, my mom gave me a gift certificate to my favorite salon for my birthday, so I'm scheduling a mani/pedi for this week!

Needing: After a Sunday full of soccer and hikes, my body is in desperate need of a deep tissue massage. Yes I said deep tissue.

Summer Bucket List: The Husband and I love playing tennis together. Though we aren't very good, it's about being together, being healthy, and having fun. Warm summer nights means late night tennis! Hikes are also a go-to date for us. We love being active, and enjoying the beauty of nature together. Plus, we can include Lulabelle, which is always a plus! And finally, beach walks are a MUST during the summer. Who doesn't love long walks on the beach?

Comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY and best of luck with your new job! Sounds really exciting...change can be a GREAT thing! Have a great day!

    Brigid
    Bits of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my goodness, congrats on the new job and Happy Birthday!!!! I'm going to guess 29?

    Best of luck with the new job, I can't wait to hear more about it. Have a fabulous day!!

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treat yourself! We all deserve it from time to time... or always! Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and I am going to guess 30?! I am so happy to hear your new job is going a lot better. It is definitely a lot better when you look forward to going into work everyday!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that your new job is exactly what you needed.
    Your birthday celebration and summer plans sound fabulous! Hope it was a dreamy night! I am going to guess 36 for no reason at all, but 36 came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new position! Sounds like it is going to be a change for the better. Also Happy Happy Birthday! I too love the beach. I hope to squeeze in a few beach walks myself this summer.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you found a position that you love!! I am a sped teacher making a big transition too! I am off to a new state due to my husband's job. I am hoping to find a job........one that I love will be a bonus:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am BEYOND excited for you! I have considered going back to school to become certified as a behavior analyst. I know circumstances are never perfect, but it's just not possible for me to do so in this season of my life. I'll definitely keep myself informed on your blog. I hope you share lots about this new adventure!

    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts