Staying Refreshed for B2S!

Morning friends,

This week, I've linked up with Mrs. D's Corner (again!) to bring you more tips for Back to School. This week (the last week) is all about how to stay refreshed and energized during this hectic time! Keep reading for my top 5 tips for staying refreshed during Back to School!

Top 5 Tips on How to Stay Refreshed for B2S

Sweat it out!
One of the best ways to maintain your energy and sanity is to get your sweat on! Not only is sweating  a natural detox to help revitalize you, but exercise release endorphins to help you remain happy, healthy, and calm. And do I really need to outline all the health benefits of exercise (like increased heart health, lower BMI, lower cholesterol, etc. etc. etc.)

My favorite ways to incorporate exercise is to make it part of my routine. If you want to look and feel your best, you need to prioritize your health, both physical and mental health! It took A LOT for me to force (yes, force) myself to the gym after a long day at work. I was running around all day, saving the world one student at a time, and felt that spending time at the gym was a luxury I couldn't afford to take. I had other things to do, like MORE world saving! However, over time, I felt more and more sluggish, my skin felt oily and sallow, and my work production was suffering (think, taking 3 times as long to plan one math lesson!). I realized that this was a direct result of putting my health on the back burner. Once I started making my health a priority, my attitude, energy levels, and stamina increased! More on this below

If you are interested in ways to fit in exercise, check out this post. :)


Gulp It Down! 
Water that is. You are running around all day, you barely have time to use the bathroom! Why would you want to increase the chances you'll have to go by drinking more water?! I get it. I really do. However, your body loves you and needs you. You wouldn't compromise a students' health in favor of convenience would you? Of course not! So why do you do it to yourself? Do yourself and your health a favor, and pick up the damn water bottle.

If you are interested in tricks to increase your water consumption, check out this post!

 Eat It Good!

You know this. I know you know this. But even if it's hard to do this all the time, do it as much as you can. It's 3 pm and the Teacher's Lounge vending machine is calling you. Don't beat yourself up over this, but don't submit that you're a lost cause either and allow the rest of the day to be crap. Love yourself and provide yourself with good, health foods. Nutritious, whole foods will not only make you feel better emotionally (who doesn't feel good when they bite into an apple?), but when paired with an overall healthy lifestyle (so, follow the tips above too!), your energy levels will soar, your anxiety and depressive symptoms will decrease, and your satisfaction and patience (we ALL need more of that) will shoot through the roof.
 Breath, Stretch, Shake (Let It Go)!

And while you are at it, listen to that song if you need a little pick me up.

Deep breathing, stretching sequences, and yoga have all shown to increase energy levels and decrease anxiety and depression. This doesn't have to be some elaborate formal practice. Simple morning stretches before you get out of bed help to revitalize you and get you ready for the day ahead. Likewise, simple stretches and breathing exercises can help you when you're feeling stressed, or even just tired and need a little more energy. Check out my Pinterest Board of the same name, to incorporate different stretches into your day.


No Shame in ME Time!
Even if you listen to NOTHING I've said thus far, take this one to heart. As a badass, super hero teacher like yourself, you NEED to take sometime to just be you. Even Clark Kent needs some Me Time every once in a while. Whether it's knitting on the couch in silence, reading a book on your porch, or rocking out to some awesome tunes, you gotta do you (I hate that phrase, but for real though...). There's no shame in self-love!

Hope these tips are helpful as you start off the new year! Good luck and go save the world!

Make sure to check out Mrs. D's Corner to give her a shoutout for setting up this terrific month-long link-up!

Comments

Popular Posts