White Trash Tuna Noodle Cassarole

This post is not meant to be offensive, but rather, humorous. My mom used to make this for me as a kid and lovingly called it the same thing. All jokes aside, this is one of my guilty pleasures. I LOVE this meal for dinner after a long day at work. It's quick, it's easy, and it's delicious. What more could you possibly want?

The Basics


You'll also need the ingredients used for the macaroni, according to the box.

Seriously, the easiest dinner ever. Talk about a one pot meal!

The Plan

Start process according to package directions. After the water starts to boil, add the macaroni AND the frozen broccoli. Once the macaroni is cooked, again, according to package directions, complete the box's instructions. After you add and mix the cheesy goodness to the pot, add your canned tuna (completely drained) directly to the pot. "Chop" up the tuna, using your wooden spoon or whatever you're using to mix it, to disperse it evenly. Make sure everything in the pot is mixed thoroughly and serve warm.


I usually eat this as the main dish, sometimes with an additional side of veggies. You could omit the tuna (but why would you?) and serve this along side another dish, such as meatloaf or hot dogs. You can also use other veggies instead of frozen broccoli like peas, or edamame. Depending on the veggies, you may need to cook them beforehand, to ensure they are cooked through. I've found, with most frozen veggies, 7-10 minutes in boiling water with the macaroni is more than enough time to cook.

What's so great about this meal is that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. So when I run out of dinner options, am too lazy too cook anything elaborate, or need something unfussy, this is my go-to. If you try this recipe, I'd love to know your thoughts!

What are you last minute dinner recipes? Any "white trash" favorites of your own? Share below!

Comments

Popular Posts