Halloween Movies for Scaredy Cats

Happy Halloween!

I'm popping in to give you a list of the most "scaredy cat-friendly" Halloween movies...For people like me...People who are afraid of everything. And I mean everything.


Some of these are family-friendly (Charlie Brown) while others are not (I'm looking at your Idle Hands). Either way, these are the Halloween movies that I can stand to watch. This doesn't mean you won't find them scary (Shaun of the Dead is scary as hell, but made it to the list because I've seen it enough times to not be as scared) and it doesn't mean you won't find me a little lame for suggesting them (Zombieland). There are kid-friendly movies that most people add to these types of lists, such as the "kid" movie, The Witches (heck no - SO freaking scary), and campy movies such as Nightmare on Elm Street (are you kidding me? A man coming to me in my dreams to kill me?! No freaking way!) or Dawn of the Dead (nothing with the word Dead in it, unless it's a spoof, and even then it's super scary).


A few facts about this list:
  • Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite double-holiday movie ever. It's also my favorite single holiday (Halloween) movie.
  • The Labyrinth is my f a v o r i t e movie of all time. I'm a sucker for Muppets and David Bowie.
  • I've always wanted to go to a midnight viewing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I live in Boston - it's huge around here. But alas, the Husband wants no part in it…
  • Hocus Pocus is set in Salem, MA, where I met my husband in college. The house in the movie where Book's light shines through the chimney is actually a house down the street from my 2006 apartment.



What do you think of my list? Would you add anything? Take anything away? Are you as terrified as everything as I am? Let's connect!


Comments

Popular Posts