Holy St. Valentine! It's February!

Hello again friends,

Just a quick post to share my "current" happenings on the FIRST DAY OF FEBRUARY!! Yeah - I know. I can hardly believe it!


Listening: My kitty Fred is laying on the couch, sound asleep, purring. I don't want to play any music or watch tv, because I just love the sounds of his soothing purrs.
Not Fred "currently" but a nice picture of the cutie in question.

Loving: Lately, lots of great things have been happening in the blogging community. I met some wonderful New England Bloggers last weekend at the Winter Warm-Up, I am throwing a giveaway in just a few short days to celebrate my 400 followers, I'm a part of something wonderful and secretive happening tomorrow (take a look at that image below!), and I am continuing to make new blogging friends everyday! I'm loving it!



Thinking: I know, I know...cue the eye rolls. But, it has been DAYS since I actually exercised, and my body could really use a detoxing sweat at the gym. I also have been eating pure junk the last few days, which is making me feel yucky and bloated. Gross. Despite my body screaming at me to get off my butt, I still needed extra motivation. I called my friend this morning to ask her to join me so I wouldn't bail. As soon as I am done with this post, I'm headed out!

Wanting: My feet, hands, face, and back could really use some TLC. I LOVE getting manicures, but it just hasn't been in the cards lately - between not being able to justify the extra spending, and life getting in the way, I haven't made it to the nail salon in a while. My feet, not to gross you out yet again, really need some loving. Being a runner, my feet really take a beating. I need to do it, not only for my sanity, but for the wellbeing of my generous feet. Due to the dry winter weather, my face too needs some extra love. And who doesn't ALWAYS needs a massage?

Needing: So there are some changes happening in my room with staffing. It's a real disaster at school right now between some families and the extra staff in my room. If you are a fellow Winter Meet Up Attendee, you may be able to recall a little story I told about this...and I bet you can guess what this change is all about. Needless to say, there are lots of changes happening, and this is the perfect time to revisit those classroom routines and expectations - not only for my kiddos, but for the new staff in my room. More on that later in the week!

2 Truths and a Fib: Can you guess which one is my fib? It's number 2! While I wish I was a more confident cyclist, I am not. I always long to be one of those commuter who whizzes their way to and from work on their bicycle, but I can't. I'm too freaking scared! I'm not confident on two wheels. I can ride a bike just fine, but not when there are giant metal deathtraps speeding past me at 50 miles per hour! I have been to bike safety workshops and have tried practicing on my own in my city, but I'm just not ready to make the jump to strictly cycling everywhere. It's a goal, just not there yet.

Wanna join in on the Currently fun? Hop on over to Farley's blog to link up yourself! Enjoy :)

Comments

  1. I'm right there with ya on the no motivation for exercise {and I really need some TLC, too!} Your pics were so fun to see from the Winter Warm Up. Looks like you guys had a great time! Have a fabulous weekend!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to visit Massachusetts - it's on my bucket list believe it or not. I can't remember the last time I was on a bike! How cold is it up there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogging too!
    Girl you've had a rough year at school...I hope this semester is better:)

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut the front door! That is so crazy! I saw that you were a Special Ed teacher - I taught Developmental Kindergarten for one year until they cut that position and moved me into regular Kindergarten...are you my sister from another mister??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I wish I had a Fred! I want a kitten so much, but my family is allergic, including me! We have a little yorkie that thinks he's a person so I guess that's a great substitute!
    Robin
    The Bomb-Diggity Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitten is so cute!
    I also love blogging and it has brought so many wonderful opportunities. I would love to do one of those blogger meet ups sometime. I need to find some close KY bloggers! :)
    Good luck with the staff changing. I know how tough that can be on you and the kids. It is definitely harder to manage adults than the children.
    Kim
    Mrs. H’s Resource Room

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I look forward to reading them :)

Popular Posts